Sunday, October 2, 2011

Latest Painting - A Little Naive Australiana

Had a problem finding the right light to photograph this one. So many different greens, and not one of them emerald! I've added enlargements so you can see the detail.

I have always loved this kind of folk art. There are one or two famous artists out there that make me drool with their detail. Alas, my work is not as refined, but the essence of a simpler time comes through, I think.



"Village Life"









And guess what took the longest time to paint? Those darned chooks! (Forget the ducks. From here they could be geese.) Those chickens were a challenge. And no, they weren't just a blob of white paint, and a touch of orange for the beaks. I really thought it out as I applied the paint in the direction of the feathers. Not that you'll believe me. Only I know how long they took.
See you soon.  I'm on a roll now.

No comments: