Friday, November 13, 2009

The Delightful Mixed Media Art of Jennifer Kerr at Etsy

Jennifer Kerr is a mixed media artist of some note. From delicately sensitive to dramatic and thought-provoking, each painting speaks directly to us. They are on those lovely chunky canvases that can be placed anywhere, perfect for the images she produces. You'll find yourself staring into them, as there is so much more here than just pretty pictures. When I find someone like Jennifer, I think, "Where have you been? How come I didn't spot you earlier?" But I've found her now. Enjoy.













Take a peek at her store, Jennifer Kerr at Etsy. Her prices are reasonable and she is totally collectible.


The gorgeous girl above I have named Gladys. She is a thank-you gift from Debra at Monnie Bean Art for featuring her recently. She's huge - a foot high! - and looks great on my desk. Well, I think Gladys says it all about the mood I'm in today. Happy, optimistic, a little bit mischievous, and also, considering all the hair rollers and the makeup, looking forward to a hot time tonight.

Thank you, thank you, Debra. I'll treasure her.

Have a lovely weekend, all of you. Hope you have a hot time tonight, too...

4 comments:

the Inner 'I' said...

Hmmm...I must say that Gladys looks like she might be related to my Edna? What do you think? I must ask Debra, too!
Ilene in Md.

jdsanc said...

What is it with birds these days, they are everywhere. I love them, too, but they really are the hip thing right now. Love the brown and teal, too and the overlay. Can't say too much about Gladys. She's a total crack up. Might keep me from getting any work done. Want the glasses!

Fran Caldwell said...

Gladys and Edna are cousins, I think. Gladys seems a tiny bit more confident than Edna - I mean it takes courage to go out with rollers in your hair - and not as wild-eyed. She is now sitting on the back of my couch in the living room. She was way to distracting on my desk.

Debra said...

I agree with you , Jennifer Kerr's art is delightful. It's dreamy and lovely.
~Debra