Thursday, December 11, 2008

Josh Kadtke

Just found this wonderful artist at Etsy. Believe me, he has a huge future. No one this young should be quite this good. The items on Etsy are limited, so go see more of it on his blog page, which is also a very enjoyable read. Talent, or what? The link to Josh at Etsy is under Great Sites to Visit in the left sidebar.

I feel so very warm looking at this picture. I could have used this image earlier today...






I learned from Josh about water-soluble oils as a medium. Never heard of it until this. He also suggests walnut oil instead of linseed. I do have such a hard time with the smell of turpentine and linseed. I may well go back to oil painting. I talk about it enough. Perhaps in the New Year...

We had a power outage here this morning from 8am till 11:30am. It was around minus 10 Celsius outside (well below freezing for you Farenheit people) and after two hours it was getting very chilly inside. I lit quite a few candles, thinking they could keep the room a little warmer. To repeat, it was cold! I was starting to have little fantasies about people succumbing to hypothermia in their own homes.. I had just started to wrap myself up in a really big duvet to replace the useless throws I had around me, and the power came back on. For ex-smokers, you would know about lighting a cigarette so that the bus will come...

There was a glitch at Blogger today. Hope it's fixed. People couldn't get the security letters in order to comment. My friend Josh had the same problem with his. Despite its more than generous utility, sites like Blogger can be pretty frustrating when it comes to problems. I mean, who're you gonna call?

No comments: